Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SUNY IT

The SUNY Institute of Technology used to be called SUNY Utica/Rome and until 6 years ago, was an ‘upper level’ college only for transfer students. That has changed. This is now a 4 year college with 2000 undergraduate students. 75% are male (like most tech schools), 600 live on campus but they hope to have another 300 bed dorm built within the next 2 years.
Here’s another school where a B student can get accepted. Once enrolled, students can major in things like computer science (with a game design concentration), business, nursing, health info management or engineering tech. It is small but it’s also a college that I predict will see a lot of growth in the next decade. It’s got the SUNY price tag, it’s centrally located, and offers majors that are in demand

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mr kelly. I would like to know more about SUNY IT. Is is a good college for telecommunications masters . How are the placements there. are there good companies for internship ... all in all is it worth the effort. I am from India and i have been accepted there for Fall 2009

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vijay,
    I'm pleasantly surprised that you found my blog! To answer your question, I must first admit that I am a big fan of the SUNY system in general. My belief is that SUNY IT is going to become a very populat school in the very near future because it does offer up to date technology education at an affordable price. Utica, NY is very close to Syracuse- a much bigger city, and not too far from New York City. I'm sure they have plenty of internship opportunities but I would suggest you go directly to their website and contact an admissions officer at the college for more specific information.
    Tim Kelley

    ReplyDelete