Saturday, February 7, 2009

Williams College





First the bad: despite trying to set up a meeting with an admission counselor, I could not get my phone calls returned and was, therefore, unable to get all my questions answered. Because of this perceived slight, I really wanted to dislike it.
Williamstown is a very small place, so if you're looking for big-city excitement, the small towns in Western Massachussetts are not for you.

Now the good: It’s a great place! Small, friendly, nurturing, strong academics, nice facilities, students seem to know and like each other. It reminded me a lot of VHS and I can easily picture any strong student from our school who has enjoyed his/her high school years being very comfortable and happy at Williams College. Those interested in dance, writing and the arts would be an especially good fit.

Cost per year= $48,000 but students are expected to graduate with no debt thanks to a very large endowment. Williams, like Union, is one of America's oldest colleges and considered by many to be one of the best. Just across the state border, it's less than an hour from home in good weather.

2 comments:

  1. Well, up early and doing some blogging. Tell me when you are in Chapel Hill, md

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job and a good start! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete